pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Difference Between Right and Wrong

What brings you to town Mister?

I'm searching for a book.

And what book do you seek?

The Good Book of course.  Seen any around?

Abridged or unabridged?

In braille, if you have it!

Are you blind?

Let's just say I can't see.  I'm 'see-less.'

Washed up on shore have you?  Do you come bearing
news?

I come bearing things unheard of.

A prophet are you?  Maybe I've heard one.  Can you
reveal to me something unheard of?

Have you heard this one?

But I don't hear anything.

There you have it!  It's unheard of.

Wait a minute!   I think I do hear something.

I hear something too.

Is something hearing?

I don't know if something is hearing or hearing is something
but when someone finds out I hope the hell they'll tell me
because nobody ever tells me a goddamn thing anymore.

I hear that!  So what brings you to town Mister?

I'm here to right a wrong.

Someone wronged you?

Didn't I just say that?

You said something but I wasn't sure what it was.

It was a statement of intention - pure and simple.

So what brings you to town Mister?

I'm here to right a wrong.

And a wrong you shall right I say!

Then say no more: alas, I shall right this wrong.

But who wronged you?

It's a wrong story.

Were you at the wrong place at the wrong time?

I don't know where the hell I was, but something
obviously went wrong, that's all I know.  My timing may
have been off.  I was attempting to pass when someone
caught me off-guard and wronged me.  Wronged me
when I wasn't looking.  But, as I was saying, I'm here to
right a wrong.

Wrong!  Wrong!  I don't believe you were actually
wronged.  I think you were mistaken, and this person you
speak of actually righted you, and you just don't realize it
yet.

You may be right and I may be wrong.  Everything's
relative, is it not?

I think being wronged or righted is relative.  In some
cultures being wronged may be akin to being righted,
and vise versa.

I think you're wrong to something.

I know I wrong.

And I know you're right.

And I know you're wrong.

Now I feel I may have to right two wrongs.

You may be right.

Or I may be wrong.

I'll teach you to wrong.

But can you right me?

Not if I don't have your address.

Then just wrong.

I already have.

And what can be right about that?

I'm not sure, but maybe I won't right this wrong.  Maybe
it's simply wrong.

I think you're right.  It's not right to right a wrong.

I think I'm right.

And I think I'm wrong.

No comments: