Monday, December 13, 2010
This Year's Best Quotes!
This year's best quotes, according to a Yale University
librarian Fred Shapiro, associate librarian at Yale Law
1. (TIE) "I'm not a witch." Christine O'Donnell, television
advertisement, Oct. 4.
1. (TIE) "I'd like my life back." Tony Hayward, comment to
reporters, May 30.
3. "If you touch my junk, I'm gonna have you arrested." airline
passenger John Tyner, remark to Transportation Security
Administration worker at San Diego airport, Nov. 13, 2010
4. "Don't retreat. Instead — reload!" Sarah Palin, Tweet,
5. "Chi! Chi! Chi! Le! Le! Le! Los mineros de Chile!" Chant at
Chilean mine rescue, Oct. 13.
6. "I hope that's not where we're going, but you know, if this
Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking
toward those Second Amendment remedies. They're saying: My
goodness, what can we do to turn this country around?" Sharron
Angle, radio interview in January.
7. "We have to pass the (health care) bill so you can find out
what is in it." Nancy Pelosi, speech to National Association of
Counties, March 9.
8. "I'm going to take my talents to South Beach." LeBron James,
television broadcast, July 8.
9. "You're telling me that the separation of church and state is
found in the First Amendment?" Christine O'Donnell, Delaware
senatorial debate, Oct. 19. (The Associated Press reported
the quote: "So you're telling me that the separation of church
and state, the phrase 'separation of church and state,' is in
the First Amendment?")
10. "They should never have put me with that woman. ... She was
just a sort of bigoted woman who said she used to be Labour."
Gordon Brown, comments about a voter he met while
campaigning for British general election, Apr. 28.