pages

Saturday, January 08, 2011

From Hence Forth, Refer to me as, Rep. Christopher Deshong (FL-I).

Rep. Christopher Deshong (FL-I)

It just so happens that I was doing a bit of cleaning and had the TV on. Something that had been bothering me, the cob webs hanging from our light fixtures, needed to be taken care of. Standing on an ottoman I reached up to brush them away when I heard from the television, "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

I turned to face the t.v., seeing the representatives holding their hands up. I turned now to myself, hand also raised. I thought to myself, well now, it appears it's time to get some stuff done.

No comments: