pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Mission Statement


Hey Guys,

On a cold unemployed Saturday afternoon on January 23, 2010 - sitting naked by the phone - noshing on circus peanuts and rum and toying with the idea of calling someone or moving to California I did post my first blog post onto the WWW. My first blog post was a video of Clay surfing. Although he's hard to make out in the video.

That was 18 months ago. A lot of hard work has gone into this project. And I've learned a lot too.

But of course I want to take it even further. Some said my blog name was too big and that I needed to shorten it. But I now realize how precisent I was to name my blog what I did -richardporterwritechatmessage. Sort of looks Russian dunit?

Oh and another thing, I think for years Southerners have been ashamed of their accent, well I'm here to put the accent back into the Southern lexicon. That's a side issue though.

Let me back up a little bit. Since I've done that work for Peter Roesler I've noticed a trend and that trend is the blending of blogging and commercial web sites into something called Web 2.0. Which of course could benefit someone like me who has 18 months experience producing blog posts.

Web 2.0 was a phrase coined by a fellow named Tim O'Reilly after a conference he put on in late 2004 and aptly named Web 2.0 conference.

We'll this has since caused a paradigm shift to occur in how marketers on the web present their products to consumers.

In essence it sums up what I was trying to accomplish in naming my blog what I did:
writechatmessage. Meaning that consumers want a web site they can particpate in in a meaningful way and that folks has always been by goal.

No comments: