pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Speech In The Court Yard



Is this my Lazarus moment? In the past I have risen to the
occasion, reinvented myself, metamorphed into something
new and improved. Well, maybe new anyway. That was the
kind of man I was. But that was the past. But unfortunately
the ravages of time and bad decisions have rendered their
cruel unerring consequential verdict. I stand before you
today a lesser man.The man who stands before you today
would probably appear weak to his enemies for revealing
his weaknesses in a public forum.

While I have equivocated in the past I want to be unequivocal
today. I want to seem as clear as a bell. I'm a broken pile
of bones, a has been, a shadow of my former self. Let me
put it another way, it was the winter of our discontent...

"YOU LIE!!"

Thank you Senator Joe Wilson for that shout out.

No comments: